The CJ-3A was introduced in 1949, and replaced the CJ-2A by the next year. It featured a one-piece windshield with a vent as well as wipers at the bottom, and a beefed up suspension to accommodate the various agricultural implements that were being built for the vehicle. Another difference was a shorter rear wheel well (the wheel well from the top front edge to the rear of the body is 32 inches (810 mm) on the 3A compared to 34 inches (860 mm) on the 2A) and moving the drivers seat rearward. A bare-bones Farm Jeep version was available starting in 1951 with a power takeoff. A total of 131,843 CJ-3As were produced before the series ended in 1953.